My Childhood Christmas Cookies ||blogmas 17

I honestly cant remember a Year when we didn't baked (and sometimes even doubled) this Recipe on Christmas and as I was younger, my favourite part was to put the icing and the Sprinkles on as i could always sneakily eat a lot myself! I tried over the Years some other Sugar Cookie Recipes but honestly? This ones the best! I also like using the most Christmassy Cookie Cutters I can find in our House but you can use whatever you like!




~Lets do this!~
You will need:

250g plain flour                                                     1 tsp vanilla extract
125g butter or margarine, room temperature        4 egg yolk
125g caster sugar

for Decoration:

1-2 egg yolk, whisked
icing sugar to cover the cookies
looots of sprinkles!























Lets bake:

Step 1: Preheat your Oven to 200oC and line a Baking tray with Baking paper.

Step 2: Mix the flour, butter or margarine, sugar, vailla extract and the egg yolks together and  let it chill in the fridge for about half an hour. It wont be horrible though if it stays in there for a bit longer as ive done that too and it still always turned out great!

Step 3: Spread a bit of Flour over your worktop and roll out the dough with a Rolling Pin. (Or if you dont have one, wrap a round bottle with cling film and use that!) 

Step 4: Using your Christmassy Cookie Cutters of Choice cut out as many Cookies as you can, then put them on your lined Baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes until they look lightly golden brown.

Step 5: On to the Fun part! Mix Icing Sugar with a bit of Water until you got the right consistency (not to runny but not to thick, nice and spreadable). Dunk the Cookies slightly into it and then, Sprinkles all the way! Just put them EVERYWHERE on the Cookies!

Enjoy the Cookies and tag me on Instagram or Twitter if you make them! (Where you can also follow me to keep on track with Blogmas!)

Merry Christmas guys!

xx Aria















Comments