lets talk about dear evan hansen




This all started with me getting the book Dear Evan Hansen recommended by one of my colleagues in the bookshop I work. I picked it up as I already heard lots of great things about the musical the book is based on. I went into it only knowing that it's about a boy called Evan Hansen, literally nothing else and oh my god this book is SO GOOD! I read this just about more than a week ago now and I still think about it on a daily basis. How much it moved me and made me think. I really could relate to Evan on some major parts and this made me move a lot.

Now, I know this book was based on a musical and I'm like the biggest musical fan ever so I had to check it out! It looks like it'll be on in London some time next year (hopefully I'll be able to go and see it!) But until then I started listenning to the songs and let me tell you this is all ive been listening to ever since. I'm actually sitting on my couch right now with Requiem, one of my faves, playing in my earphones and my mom just scared the heck out of me because I couldn't hear her coming in and she just stood there all of a sudden. I mean she did knock, I just couldn't hear her lol.

Disappearing, Being alone, Not mattering to the World, Not being worthy, being lost, all those feelings are feelings that I think lots of us can relate to but I don't think many actually realize that they're not alone with these feelings. That a lot of people struggle with these feelings, too. You can be in a room full of people and still feel alone and forgotten. You can have thousands of friends but none of them matter because not one of them are really there for you. When you have lost your way a bit and just can't seem to find it back, you're still not alone, I can assure you that there's at least one person in the world who feels similar to you right now. Being scared is for some of us a day to day thing, getting better but maybe never really away. Dear Evan Hansen is capturing this and so much more. How much it can help to show people that they're not alone. I might be a bit emotional right now because You will be found is playing now and this is just such an emotional song and I'm really easily emotionally influenced by songs that I love.

So if you like musicals, you like books that make you feel the real deep stuff or just like to feel not so alone any more, you should read it too. I loved it, do I even have to mention that I gave it a 5/5 stars on goodreads? I actually thought about doing something different than a book review on this blog because it feels like it's all I've been doing lately. But I don't really see this as a review. This is just all the stuff about the book, the musical, the music, all about Dear Evan Hansen, that I had to get off my chest. The Things I think about it and why I love it.

did you already read this or even see the musical? I'd love to hear about it!

Love, Aria


oh btw the T-Shirt is from Redbubble.




Comments