all i know now by carrie hope fletcher

spoiler alert. It ain't fiction and I'm fangirling.

I think everyones got a person they really admire and would just die to meet and think they're life is true goals. Yah, for me that's Carrie Hope Fletcher! She's working in musical theatre (my dream!), is just about to bring out her fifth book (yaas), she represents body positivity hugely (at least for me, every time I feel really rubbish about me and my body I look at her instagram and it makes me feel all warm inside) and she has an album out with the most amazing songs ever! Oh, and did I mention she's got a YouTube Channel, too? That girl is just amazing. Okay enough about her, let's talk about the actual book. It was her first one ever so of course I had to pick it up. It's also has a yellow cover and the cutest design under the dust jacket ever! (ok I will stop now)



So in this Book Carrie shares her thoughts and experiences on topics like finding yourself, bullying, body image, surviving school life and also things like relationships and what the future holds? If you know her then you'll be aware of her uniquely own way of dealing with things, her hopefulness and her witty and querky personality.
~Rating~

Writing Style                     4/5★

Relatability                      4/5★

Couldnt put it down               1/5★

Goodreads rating               3.75/5★

Some of my fave quotes (that I actually remembered to mark):

"Being nice to the people around you, even if you're not their best friend and they're just a stranger in the same train carriage, makes you luckier."

"I've felt the waves of depression wash through my household and even now that I'm older I still feel it's dark Dementor-like hands try to reach out for me occasionally."

"We should make peace with the fact that there are some mistakes in our vaults but what we need to do now is make sure what goes into it from here on out is so brilliant that it outweighs all the stupid things that are in there now." 



It isn't a fiction book, which is also the reason why I changed up the Rating system just so it would fit better. Reading non-fiction is quite unusual for me and to be real honest with you, it was a bit tricky to get trough. I liked the writing style but as it, well what it is, non-fiction, I wasn't able to read it in one sitting and had to take my good 'ol time with it. I still really enjoyed that Carrie sees herself in this Book as a big sister figure you can come to when you feel a bit lost in Life. The different topics really spoke to me personally and I know that I went through a lot of similar things as she did in her teen school years. This is actually one of those Books I wish I had read when I was around 15/16 years old because I felt so incredibly alone with my problems back then. Everyone seemed to have their stuff together, a great social life and everything managed, except for me. Well this book makes you feel a lot less alone, shows you that nobody is perfect and makes you think a lot about what you went through if you're already in my age range. I went into this without really expecting anything and I think that can be a really nice thing sometimes. I liked it and I think it could help a lot of teenagers who are struggling, probably all of them? I mean I'm 21 and I haven't figured it out yet.

I don't think I'll reread this book anytime soon but maybe in a couple of years time. I'd definitely recommend this to pretty much anyone, especially to teenagers who think they are alone with all those struggles in life, because YOU'RE NOT ALONE!

Have you been reading something lately that you wish you would've discovered earlier in your life? If so, let me know in the comments below or on one of my social medias!


Love, Aria




Comments