Four Tips To Write a Song

First of all, i'm not a profesh, I do songwriting mostly for myself because I enjoy it to express my feelings through it and it really helps me with everything in my life. Music will always be able to make me laugh, cry, smile and keep trying. I thought about things I wished someone would've told me when I first properly sat down to write a song, so I wrote them down and this came out. I experienced all of them being very important for me, as i'm a bit of a perfectionist with my music.. that's probs why nothings really finished yet.. 





~dont pressure yourself~
I put myself really easily under pressure but when you're trying to write a song its really important to take it easy. It's okay if the first song isn't what you wanted it to be, sometimes you write ten songs and only one of them is really good.

~write about something you love~
Don't write about Love, when you don't actually want to but it would "come good". You can write a song about absolutely everything! As long as you love your song its perfect, that's all that matters! Example, Tom Rosenthal wrote a beautiful Song all about Pasta because he loves it so much. See, you don't need to have a broken Heart to write a good song.

 ~inspire yourself~
From nothing comes nothing. Do something you really love and i'm not talking about watching a series, playing a video game or going to the Cinema. I'm talking INSPIRE, take a woodland walk, go out with your friends or listen to inspiring music. Some Ideas, a melody or just a rhyme comes to your mind? Write it down! You may use it you may not but at least you can when you wrote it down. And out of little lines can arise a beautiful song.

~take your time~
You can't force a brilliant song to come to your brain immediately, sometimes you have tu put it down and pick it back up in a couple of weeks. I mean look at me, I've worked now on a lot of songs already and no one is finished yet, but that can also just be me. Just as everything, song writing takes time.




So, as I said in the beginning, I'm definitely not a profesh but when someone would ask me for Tips, thats what I would tell them. Are you a songwriter and/or singer yourself? What tips would you give someone who wants to write his own song? 

xx Aria

What I wear

Jumper - Zara

Jeans - PullandBear

Socks - Primark 

Comments