O.W.L. TBR





Here we are again my fellow Potterheads with my TBR and what I've already read in this years O.W.L. Readathon. I have already read some as I just started this on the 10th instead on the 1st of April. In the Classes I haven't read something fitting already, I decided to put everything that fits the Prompt on this list because I'm such a mood reader.

Advised Revision Topics

Ancient Runes                                                                                                             Retelling

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
This is one of the ones I've finished already.

Arithmancy                      Work written by more than one author

Ostwind Rückkehr nach Kaltenbach by Kristina Magdalena Henn, Lea Schmidbauer
This is actually the only book on my tbr that's written by two authors. Oh and I've already finished it.

Astronomy                                        "Star" in the title

The Nightcircus by Erin Morgenstern
Okay so I did bend the rules for this a bit because I don't have a single book on my tbr that has Star in the title. But The Author is called Morgenstern and "stern" is the German word for star so it's not actually in the Title but I'll take what I can get.

Another Idea I had for this one is that I could do a reread, so If I decide that I'm in the right mood for it this is the one that fits the promt.

The Sun is also a Star by Nicola Yoon


Care of Magical Creatures                   Land Animal on the Cover

Emerald by John Stephens
Das geheimnis des Schlangenkönigs by Sayantani DasGupta
Das Vermächtnis der Grimms by Nicole Böhm
Laura und das Geheimnis von Aventerra by Peter Freund
Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone Hufflepuff Edition

Charms                                  Age-line: read an adult work

Daisy Jones and the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid
Another one I've already finished though I'm currently rereading, or relistening to it as an audio book.

Defence against the Dark Arts              Reducto: Title starts with an "R"


Reasons to Stay Alive by Matt Haig
And another one I've read already.

Divination                                         set in the future

Scythe by Neal Shusterman
I've actually ordered this especially for the Bookmarked Bookclub to read and I don't have any other books thats set in the future so that's a happy coincidence. And I really hope it arrives in time..

Herbology                                         Plant on the Cover

Emerald by John Stephens
Rubyn by John Stephens
Anatol studiert das Leben by Susanne Falk
Laura und das geheimnis von Aventerra by Peter Freund

History of Magic                     published at least 10 years ago
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (published 1813)
Sherlock Holmes the Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle (published 1901, I think)
Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone Hufflepuff Edition (published 1997)
City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare (published 2008)

Muggle Studies                                          contemporary

Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
The Man who didnt call by Rosie Walsh
Thanks for the Memories by Cecelia Ahern
The Sky is everywhere by Jandy Nelson

Potions                                      next ingredient: sequel
Seiten der Welt Nachtland by Kai Meyer 
This one I've read already, too.

Transfiguration                          Sprayed Edges or red Cover

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli 
aaand the last one I've read already.  

So that's a wrap and you can keep an eye out for a O.W.L. bookmonth at the beginning of May! Btw just in case you're wondering a lot of the Books I'm reading are in German as I read books in both, English and German. I always try to use the English Title but as the Book isn't always translated in English there'll probably always be some German Titles thrown in my Book Posts. In which language are you reading? And are you participating in this Readathon, too? Tell me in the comments below!

keep reading!

xx Aria


Original OWLs Readathon by G from Book Roast click here
O.W.L. Prompts click here
Wizarding Careers click here
(those are both made by Book Roast)

Comments