bookmonth march

I feel like I'm always uploading these in the middle of the new month instead of the start. But I guess as long as I don't post them too late it'll still be okay, right? RIGHT? Okay I am really all over the place most times.. ANYWAY. Here's the long overdue wrap up of all the books I read and listened to last month.




The Host by Stephenie Meyer
4.5/5
Some of you might be thinking about Twilight now. And yah, she's the same Author but this book is so utterly different to Twilight! I mean I like Twilight, or at least liked it when I last read it and that was about three or more years ago. No idea how I'd feel about it if I'd read it now but that's not the point. I really enjoyed the Host. The Relationship between Wanda and Melanie is something so unique and crazy, I really enjoyed reading about how it developed. If you have no idea of what I'm talking about here but you like a bit of Sci-Fi I'd advice you to just try it out. I did have my little problems with it though, so It didn't get a 5/5 from me. Its just a really big long book and can be a bit slow from time to time. But try it out for yourself and tell me afterwards what you thought in the comments or tag me in one of my social medias.

Die Konferenz der Tiere by Erich Kästner
2/5
This Author is a legend for Childrens books. At least in Germany. As I haven't really read anything of him yet, at least I don't think so, and I found this little book in the depths of my bookshelves I thought why not give it a try. Weeeell.. Its not bad, but it's not great either. I don't think it's something I'd give my (future) children to read as its using words that are so old I had to google them! In a Children's Book..

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling (audiobook)
 5/5
Finally finished the Harry Potter Series for the I don't know how many time. It destroyed me. But it's sooo good.

Jonathan Unleashed by Meg Rosoff
 3.75/5
I picked this up because I liked that it was about dogs. And I love dogs. Jeez what a lame reason to pick up a book but its true! I mean there are two dogs on the German Cover!
It's a lovely story about a man who hasn't really figured out his live yet and takes care of his brothers two dogs. And it seems a bit like the dogs help figuring his life out, or do they?
I think it could've been written better. But it's a quick, funny and entertaining read and really that all that I hoped for in this book.

Gregor the Overlander by Suzanne Collins (audiobook)
5/5
You might think that I'm quite generous with my point system but this series, IT'S SOO GOOD!
It's like the better looking but more shy Middle Grade brother of her other Series "The Hunger Games".I discovered it when I was about ten or eleven and still love it as much as I loved it then.
Just read it.

Gregor and the Prophecy of Bane by Suzanne Collins (audiobook)
5/5
I haven't actually told you what this series is about, have I? Sorry the Fangirl in me took over. It's about this boy called Gregor, who falls through an air shaft in his basement and lands in this weird, different world underneath New York called Underland. There are humans with purple eyes, really really pale skin and hair as silver as the moon. But there are also other Animals. Especially those who are tiny in our world, they are huge in the Underworld. Rats with two to three meters of height, Bats on which the humans can fly on, and so many more.

Gregor and the Curse of the Warmbloods by Suzanne Collins (audiobook)
5/5
I just loved this Series so much and I would love you to check it out so you'll hopefully enjoy it as much as I do!

Gregor and the Marks of Secret by Suzanne Collins (audiobook)
5/5
Do I have to say any more?



Gold und Schatten by Kira Licht
3.5/5
This one is a nice urban Fantasy Story with Greek Mythology thrown in there and a Teenage Romance happening. It's about 16 year old Livia who started to hear plants talking to her since her 16th Birthday and then finds out that she's not as human as she thinks she is. She also meets Maél, a mysterious, good looking guy who has more secrets than is good for him. I liked it, it was pretty easy to read but there was just something missing for me in this book. And at some point, I think it's a bit too info dumpy and confusing.

The little Café in Copenhagen by Julie Caplin
5/5
I read this one for a presentation and I let me tell you I smashed it! The presentation, not the book. I read the last one hundred pages or so in one sitting because I just couldn't put it down. In the end I squeeked, yes squeeked, because It ended so cute. Would 10/10 recommend If you like nice travel stories with characters that develope throughout the story and a nice little romance thrown in there.

The Sun and her Flowers by Rupi Kaur
5/5
okay first of all, I got such a beautiful Cover for this one I am IN LOVE! But the Book is also sososo amazingly written as well. I mean I've read her earlier poetry collection milk and honey, too. But I think I like this one even better, I could relate to so many poems and found my own grief in a lot of them. Would definitely recommend it to you if you like poetry.

Gregor and the Code of Claw by Suzanne Collins (audiobook)
4.5/5
This is the last one and by the way I listened to them all on German Audiobook. It's great!

The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert
4.5/5
I excepted some kind of Fairy Tale Story, maybe a retelling, but definitely not what It actually was. But I really liked it! I usually am not a fan of creepy dark stories but this one really captured me as a great mixture of fantastical and dark mysterious creepy. It actually wouldve been a great Halloween read, but oh well I guess for that Im quite a bit late, or really early.

Karlas ziemlich fabelhafter Glücksplan
1/5
Didn't like it. It's a German Childrens Book about a Girl who's convinced that she can do magic in some situations and that her dead father is taking care of her because she sees bunnys everywhere. Just weird and I don't think I would've enjoyed it that much as a child either.

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (audiobook)
3.75/5
After hearing so much, good and bad, about Cassandra Clares Books I FINALLY decided to start reading them myself. I must admit I expected quite a lot as I heard so much of it and I think the Hype drowned it a bit for me but I still liked it.



I hope you enjoyed my little wrap up, Can't beliebe I actually managed to read so many books in one month, crazy! My favourite has probably been the Gregor Series, or Harry Potter, or Rupi Kaur? Hmm they're just all so good. What has been your favourite read of last month?

keep reading guys!

xx Aria




Comments