5 of the best books I read in 2017

I'm such a big bookworm! Been always one, will forever be one. 2017 wasn't a biig Year of reading, which I really wanna change this year, just like everyone else in the world, but Ive already read three (and a half) books this year and its not even the middle of January so it's going not too bad so far! It was actually just last year that I totally discovered my love for English books, like actually reading them in English.

Soo what a great time to introduce you to my 5 current fave books I'd totally recommend you to read asap




~Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon~

One of my absolute favourite books! You may have already heard of it as the Film just came out, but i'd really recommend reading the but first!! It's about seventeen year old Maddie, who's allergic to the world and has never left the house, ever. And Olly, the new boy next door whos pretty determined to get to know her, somehow.
It's not just a love story between a girl and a boy, but a story between mother and daughter, friends and reaching for your dreams. Very, very beautiful!

~How to find love in a Bookshop by Veronica Henry~

I found this one in a Bookshop when I was just browsing through the isles, I actually didn't get it in that bookshop as there where two books I liked and I couldn't decide which one to pick. Weeell, this one was still stuck in my head when I was already back home so I ordered it online! Its a v pretty story about a young Lady who's Father just passed away and left her a little bookshop in her Hometown. The book is telling the stories of all her customers, a lady of the manor who's hiding a secret close to her heart; a single dad looking for books to share with his son, or is he? An incredibly shy chef who's trying to find the courage to talk to her crush and of course the story of herself, Emilia.

~I'll give you the sun by Jandy Nelson~

This one was a recommendation of a friend of mine from Ireland (shout out to you Caoimhe!) She said it's her favourite book and I can confirm, it's amazing! Telling the story back and forth between Noah (at about age 13) and his twin sister Jude (but shes telling it with 16ish) sounds confusing first when I now write it down here but trust me! You get to know both sides of their Life in completely different perspectives. It's so interesting and fascinating. First they're very close, then they start to drift apart more and more, until they're barely speaking with each other. A story of siblings, crushes (gay and straight ones) and family.

 ~A modern Love by Will Darbyshire~

I've never, EVER, seen a book like this one. Will Darbyshire, a young YouTuber and Filmmaker came up with the idea to collect Love Letters from aaaall over the world and all age-groups. The Book is split into four main parts: the beginning, the middle, the end and the gallery. Its so interesting to see Love in so many different perspectives, from crushes to marriage to heartbreak. Everything is there to find. Will collected from 15,570 total responses!! Isn't this amazing? They came over Email, Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter and some even by physical letters and they're from all over the world!!!(98 countries in total) aaaand from all age ranges, too (the youngest being 12 and the oldest being 81). Like I said before I have never ever heard even of a similar concept like this for a Book and I love it! It's the perfect coffeetable-, everyday-, or reading-before-going-to-bed-book.

~milk and honey by rupi kaur~

I've never considered myself a poetry reader, as I thought poetry was complicated and hard to read with strange language (I clearly have older poetry I read once in school in my mind when I say this) but I heard so much about this woman who brought out a book with, I'd call it new age poetry, (I totally just made that up) and everyone is talking about her. I looked into amazon to see whats all that about and found this book. Tbh in this case I was a total bookcover-sucker. I loove honey and the sound of milk and honey sounded so soft and yummi that I totally fell for it, it's not the greatest way to look into it, i know. Well I got it for Christmas last year and read it in one go! And normally you read a book, put it on your shelf and pick it up after a couple of months to read it again as you can't remember everything of the story but still got in your head that you loved it. Well, not in this case! I love to pick it up in the evening, right before I go to bed, open it at some random page and just start reading. I think I won't even stop picking it up when I'll know all the poems in it by heart.

Okay I wrote quiite a bit now.. Can you tell what big of a book nerd I am? I like to say reading is like watching a Film in your head, its just magical!
Tell me about your fave books you read, and have you read some of them I listed up here?
Hope you have a new year full of magic and books!

xx Aria

Btw, if you like my blog you can follow me by email, on instagram, twitter or bloglovin! I always post on there when I put up a new blog post.




Comments