OWLs 2020



It's this time of the year again. I had so much fun last year that it wasn't even a question if I would participate. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, it's the Magical Readathon. Happening in April and created by the amazing G from BookRoast is this Readathon revolving all around the Ordinary Wizarding Levels. This year it's all about the third Harry Potter Book, so Harry's third year at Hogwarts. To be Honest, the third one is probably my fave of the Series, as I'm just a massive Lupin Fan (and Sirius, too).. The whole thing with the Dementores, how much it goes into Werewolves and Animagi, I love it.

Back to the point though. This year has again, like every year before, a Book Prompt for every subject you can take. Depending on what Career path you want to go, you have to take the OWLs in certain subjects to continue with it in the NEWTs (another Readathon later in the year). That's pretty much how I would explain it but feel free to watch G´s video which I will link here so you can watch her explain everything properly.

One of the first Questions you ask yourself is, which Career do I want to go for?? Last year I took the obvious (for me), Magizoologist. I just know that that's what I'd want to become if I went to Hogwarts. This Year it isn't as easy. Do I want to do Magizoologist again? But then there are so many cool other Careers I could go for.. I'm between Librarian, Trader of Magical Tomes (But then this is kinda like my dayjob so maybe not this one) or Curse Breaker. I think I'll first concentrate on getting as many OWLs in as I possibly can.
So here we go, it took me quite a while to actually go through all of my books to find a matching one to each prompt but it seriously was so much fun!
(Btw as I was born and raised in Germany, there will be some German books in there, too. I try to use the English Title for everything or at least explain why it fits the Prompt just so you know)



Ancient Runes
 Heart Rune - Read a Book with a Heart on the Cover or in the Title

Wunder & So - Falls ich dich küsse by  Mara Andeck (Heart on the Cover)
or
Das Herz der Zeit by Monika Peetz (“Herz” means Heart in German, so Heart in the Title)

Arithmancy
Magical Qualities of Number 2: balance/opposites - Read a Book outside of your favourite Genre

Truly Devious by Maureen Johnson

Astronomy
Night Classes - Read the majority of this Book when its dark outside

I don't actually know which Book I will read for this one, yet. I'll probably listen to some audiobook as it's the easiest to do before going to bed. (I'll post the exact Books that I read on my instagram if you'd like to know)

Care of Magical Creatures
Hippogriffs - Creature with a Beak on the Cover

Penguin Bloom by Cameron Bloom

Charms
Lumos Maxima - White (or mostly white) Cover

Such a Fun Age by Kiley Reid

Defence against the Dark Arts
Grindelows - Book set at Sea or Coast

Deeplight by Frances Hardinge

Divination
Third Eye - assign numbers to your TBR and use a random number generator to pick your read

The Deathless Girls by Kiran Millwood Hargrave

Herbology
Mibulus Mimbletonia - Title starts with an “M

Moonlight Wolves by Charlie Art

History of Magic
Witch Hunts - Book featuring Witches or Wizards

Witchmark by C.L.Polk

Muggle Studies
Book from the perspective of a Muggle (Contemporary)

The Rules of Seeing by Joe Heap

Potions
Shrinking Solution - Book under 150 Pages

Sherlock Holmes: The Adventure of Silver Blaze by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Transfiguration
Animagus Lecture - Book/Series that includes Shapeshifting

City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare

Okay but this isn't it, no no no, there is more!
This Year, G created “Courses, Seminars and Training” for those of us who just really can't get enough (me) or want to pack up some Prompts on top of their Career (also me). Of course I chose three of them right away that I knew I'd die to participate in in real life. Here they are!

Animagus Training

Arithmancy, Potions and Transfiguration

Dragon Tamer Training

I did achieve the Magizoologist last year, so I don't need to do it for this one but I still have to read a Book involving Dragons which will be

Rise of the Dragons by Angie Sage

Merpeople Linguistics

Herbology


So I know, I really have something to do next Month. Have I bitten off more than I can chew? Maybe.. but then I did do all but one OWLs in the Last year soo.

 Will you be participating in this years Magical Readathon? And if you were able to choose which Career will you be going for? Tell me all about it in the Comments or on one of my Social Medias!

stay magical (and healthy)!

xx Aria

Comments