happy place

From time to time, I have insomnia. Especially in times that I have a lot of Anxiety or Stress my body just cant seem to shut up. Then, sometimes my brain decides to be especially active and create things like songs, poetry or in this case, a blog post. It ends up in the notes on my phone or on a scrap of paper I found on my bedside table until in the next morning I'll write it in my Journal or on songs I sometimes keep working, but I rarely share anything with anyone. Well this time it seems to be an exception. I really rarely think up blogposts and yes, it is a bit of all over the place but it really fits into the current time and in the end I always wanted my Blog to be a place where I can just throw everything I want out there.



Its March 2020. And we all know what that means which is why I won't even mention it by name. But for a lot of us it also means Anxiety, Self Isolation, Stress and more. Here is where I stop and tell you to go to your happy place. You can't as we aren't allowed to go outside? Close your eyes. Imagine yourself wherever you want to be the most right now, wherever you feel the most calm and safe. Make a mental journey through the deepest woods in the search for that perfect spot under that perfect tree or the beach to bury your toes in the sand.
In most places you are still allowed to go outside for walks. Use that and try to really picture it in your head (I do it as some kind of ball, or more like a blob) how you leave your sorrows, worries and anxiety at the doorstep, cause they're not invited. Be aware of yourself breathing the fresh air and look for things around you that you might've usually missed. I know how cheesy this all sounds but just try it, maybe it'll work for you. It does, sometimes, for me.
I know that staying at Home can make you fall into a bit of a dump. Not a hole, so it might not even be deep enough for you to realize it straight away, but it is there. You're unmotivated. Moody. Want to stay right where you are and not move an INCH but also feel really unhappy and unsatisfied with your situation. Sounds familiar? Believe me, been there.
Do something that motivates you but start easy. For me that's getting dressed properly (not just another set of PJ's), making sure my whole flat is really clean and tidy, going for a walkie with Bella, make my bed. Get into a routine.

My past-self didn't think of a proper ending to this, why would she, tired as she was. So I'll just leave it here with you, hoping it might help you with this crazy situation we are in right now. And even if it just shows you that you are not alone.

stay safe my lovelies

xx Aria



Comments