ginger biscuits ||merry christmas 2020

The other day, my Colleague J brought some Ginger Cookies with her. Seriously that woman can bake! They were so delicious that I wanted to try them myself. But I was in one of my no-sugar-months. Which is something I sometimes do and did all throughout September. It pretty much is what it says on the tin, I dont eat anything with sugar in it. I do have exceptions like ketchup or "normal" food because these days theres sugar in just about everything. And as my only sweetener I allow myself honey. But like, normal amounts. So I decided to try to bake the Cookies, but switch the sugar out with honey and maaaan its still as delicious!


 


~things you will need~
 
120g Butter, softened                                                                       1 large egg, separated
2-3 generous teaspoons ground ginger                                            pinch of salt
tablespoons runny honey                                                                 250g flour, plus a little for dusting
1 teaspoon baking powder



~what to do~

Preheat the oven to 130°C. You will need several baking trays, either non-stick or lined with non-stick baking paper.

Cream the butter and honey together until a bit lighter in colour and fluffy, then stir in the egg yolk. Mix the flour, ginger, baking powder and salt and sift into the butter mixture. Whisk the egg white. Add to the other ingredients and press together to form a firm dough (use more flour if needed, shouldnt be too sticky). Knead for a minute to make sure its even.

Dust a work surface with flour. Cut the dough into four equal pieces and roll each one into a rope about 2cm thick. Cut each rope into eight and roll each piece into a ball. Place on baking trays, allowing space for the cookies to spread during baking.

Bake for XX minutes until the biscuits are pale fawn and firm to the touch. Leave on a wire rack to cool and store in a tight tin together with a slice of apple to keep them nice and chewy.

Enjoy!

xx Aria




Comments