all the romancey feels


Valentines Day is well and truly here. For some, this is the Time of Love, Togertherness and all those cutsie dutsie Couple Things. Yah, I dont get that. Cause For Some, like me, Valentines Day is another Day where you get reminded of just how single you really are and how happy everyone else is around you.. urgh. But there is another Part of Valentines Day that I think is actually really cool, something invented by someone who probably was single, too, but still wanted to celebrate love. Its not just about love between you and your significant other, its also about Love between friends, Love between Family and Love for yourself. (Quick reminder here: You are all beautiful and loved!)

 As my the only Love Life I currently have is in the Books I read I really wanted to share some of my favourite romancey novels with you.

heartstopper volume 1
- Alice Oseman

Super adorable Graphic Novel about two Boys becoming Friends. One is out as gay, one is not. They start spending more and more time together and end up falling in love. Just literally one of the most wholesome, heartwarming, good feeling books ever. Its got beautiful Art Style and I mean, the Characters have little descriptions in the end of the book and each one is sorted into a Hogwarts house! How cool is that Detail? (LGBTQ+ Representation)

 our stop
- Laura Jane Williams

Imagine this. You fall in love with a stranger, on the tube. You see them pretty much every day but youve never talked to that person. Then you decide that you have to take a shot and post an insert in the missed connections page in the papers. Thats pretty much what happened to Daniel. And Nadine is that Girl. Youll be wanting to scream at them for missing each other coincidentally so often, but thats the charm of the story of their stop. I absolutely flew through the audio book (and actually have a whole review on what I thought and why I loved it so much up on my blog already).

the flatshare
- Beth O´Leary

Tilly and Leon have never seen each other. But they share a flat, more even, they share a Bed. Tilly gets the Nights and the Weekends and Leon the Days, thats the Deal. But with opsessive ex-Boyfriends and wrongly imprisoned Brothers things are about to go down real good.. not. I honestly laughed my guts out (is that even a saying? sounds a bit gross if you ask me..) whilst reading this at some points. Youll swoon over the cuteness of Tilly and Leons sticky notes conversations and get really pissed off at Justin (if youre anything like me youll hate him)

how to find love in a bookshop
- Veronica Henry

you might think now, ugh another one of those really basic lovey dovey romance novels. Well, if you thought that, youre SO WRONG! sorry. But this is one of my absolute favourite books ever. It doesnt just evolve around two single people finding to each other, its mainly about this bookshop, the love that the owner put into it and everything around that. The People that visit the bookshop, the secret love of the owner, how the cook learns to love herself again to finally love someone else, too. I absolutely adore this book for the fact that it dives into the lives of a variety of different people and also a variety of different Love, cause Love can come in all kinds of shapes and sizes.


 this modern love
- Will Darbyshire

"Some of the letters are bitter, some of them are raw. Some of them are thankful, and some of them might make you laugh. " (page 9)
A collection of love letters, collected by Will Darbyshire, coming from over 15 thousand people basically all over the world. crazy right? I absolutely adored it, a bit like a poetry collection, with pictures scattered all throughout it. Just really simply beautiful.

when the curtain falls
- Carrie Hope Fletcher

Two sets of people. Both performing the same play in the same theatre. Only are they years apart and one of them ends not as it was planned. A Murdered Girl that turns into a Ghost and a young Artist that isnt quite sure if she hasnt lost her heart already to the cute actor playing the lead male role. I honestly read this book in one Sitting and enjoyed it so much I kinda want to read it again now.

I spend my Valentines Day bringing a chocolate cake with me to work, making pancakes, picking up my new glasses, finishing this post (yah all those intentions to upload this before actual Valentines Day went out through the window..) and I just finished baking a cake for my Parents as a Valentines Gift cause I love em!

Spread the love cause everyone can use a little of it every once in a while!

xx Aria


Comments