book recommendations based on hogwarts houses #1

So I saw this thing going around booktube quite a while ago actually and just now I thought, hey what if I sort some of my books into Hogwarts houses? I really liked the idea of really having to think about in which house I'd sort them and why so here I am now. Oh and if you've never been on my blog before and just so happened to read this one as a first blog post, hi, I'm Aria, I love the Harry Potter Books and I'm a proud Hufflepuff.

let's get into this!
I can't even tell you how much fun it was to write down all the specific traits and then look at my books to see if some are catching my eye for those traits and being torn between houses for some and for others knowing it straight away just by a feeling in my tummy. I might even be a bit more vague in describing why I picked this house or not go into depth at all for some books because I definitely want to avoid any spoilers!



Hufflepuff
 

When the curtain falls by Carrie Hope Fletcher

This Book tells parallel the story of two productions of When the curtain falls. One in 1952 with Fawn Burrows and Walter Brown, where they must hide their love from that one person that wants to keep Fawn to himself. And one almost seventy years later with Oscar Bright, Olive Green and their budding romance. But then strange things begin to happen and it seems that there are ghosts of productions past who haunt the theatre.
I can remember that I started to read this on a really sunny day in a park with an old man singing and playing his guitar and seagulls flying above. I really wanted to put this book into this series as I loved it so much but I don't really hear anyone talking about it. It was pretty clear for me straight away that this one belongs into Hufflepuff, mainly for the main characters. Loyalty, Kindness,Hard working, all those words describe Olive perfectly, I think. And then there is a part of being Misunderstood and being Misjudged by others which I think is a big thing for Hufflepuffs, too. They seem to often just get seen as the leftovers or irrelevant when, actually, how J.K. Rowling once said herself, everyone should want to be a Hufflepuff.




The Song of Us by Emma Cooper

This Book is about Melody, Mom of two Children who has a condition that makes her sing when she's nervous. And Dev, her Husband and the Father of her Children who has disappeared eleven years ago. But as his Family knows that he loves them and would never leave them they assume he must be dead by now. But then they see a missing persons report in the paper that throws all preconceived up in the air. Could Dev be alive? If so why did he leave? And what does it mean for their family?
This Book simply spoke to me because of the music representation in it. Then I read it and I thought, this is beautiful. And hilarious. And heart breaking. I love it. It's such a heart warming story about family, love, anxiety, loss and... Just the difficulties of life I guess. It made me laugh, cry, cringe, sigh and make me hold my breath multiple times whilst reading it. It was a clear contender for Hufflepuff for me, I mean the Loyalty and Love of this Family is amazing. The way the Children accept the condition, are embarrassed of course but still full of Love and Patience for their Mom is beautiful.


A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness

A Story about Conor, who has had the same dream ever since his Mom fell ill, ever since she started treatments that never quite seem to work. But then one night its different. One Night there is a visitor outside his window. Its scary, its strange, its mystical. And its there to tell Conor a story, but in the end its Conors turn to tell a story. And it just wants the hardest, most dangerous story of all from Conor. It wants the truth.
When I looked at this book during my finding process, I immediately thought of the Loyalty and Love Conor has for his mother. The Dedication of him doing just everything for her and the Love that you can always see between them. Then how the Monster made Conor see the truth, the horrible, unbearable but unchangeable truth. It just gave me all the good Hufflepuff feels.


Pumpkin Heads by Rainbow Rowell and Faith Erin Hicks

This is actually one of my first ever owned Graphic Novels and let me tell ya its sooo cute! Its about wild crushes, true friends, being patient with fate and all the autumn vibes! I mean Deja is just the most loyal and patient friend and honestly Josiah is just the cutest lil bean ever. Would 100 percent recommend to all lovers of romance, autumn and Graphic Novels!

Eve of Man by Giovanna & Tom Fletcher

I really had to think with this one. But then I thought about how hard working Bram is, not just in his job but also in doing what he thinks is the right thing. And then Eve, she literally dedicates her whole Life to Humanity, not that she's got much of a choice.. I rarely read any books with that much Loyalty representation in them, I don't think so anyway. And then of course there is the huge amount of Love that for example the Mothers have for Eve. All in all, I think that there are huge amounts of Hufflepuff traits present in this book.

I think I probably could try and sort all of my books into Hogwarts houses but then I'd honestly do that for the rest of my life so five it is. Have you ever thought about what house your current read would be in? Tell me I'd love to know!

Also, I'm beyond exited that Christmas is not even a month away anymore! yaaaayy!!


xx Aria

Just very quickly before you click off this is a little exclaimer that this is just how I see the books and how I would sort them, so just my personal opinion. So if you disagree, completely fine! I'd even love you to tell me in which house you would sort them and for what reason.

Comments