bookmonth february





Seriously, where did February go? I mean I feel like NYE was just a minute ago and now we are already three months into the year! Even though it was such a short month, I actually managed to read a fair amount of books in my free time. I mean, alright some of them where audio books but that still counts right?
I'll try to avoid spoilers but I won't promise anything.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
4/5
A long overdue classic which I wanted to read for aages! I even waited to watch the film because I wanted to read it first as I've heard so many good things about it. And tbh the book is pretty much always better as the film. It's beautifully written and I enjoyed it a lot but as it's an old classic it was a bit tricky for me to read. I did it though and I'm happy to say its something I am really proud of doing. And it brought me to the conclusion that i really need to read more classics..

Die Straße der Hexen by Mies Bouhuys
4/5
a really lovely childrens book I haven't read since I was a kid. It's about a little girl who finds a street where only old ladies live. Old ladies and their black cats. The little girl thinks immediately that they are witches and becomes friends with one of them. But there is someone who doesn't want the ladies to live there. When I have children I'll definitely show them this book with a thought of sentiment in my mind.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Askaban by J.K. Rowling
5/5

Still, just the best. I mean it's probably my fave of the Harry Potter Saga. Probably.

Stella by Takis Würger
2,5/5

A Story about a young Switzer who comes to Berlin during the Nazi Time and falls in love. But then, one night, she stands in front of his door with bad injuries. To be honest with you I'm not a huge fan of books that are set in the Nazi time. Not sure why but it just isn't for me. This one was easy to read, not too complicated and with a nice romantic twist to it. I read it in about two sittings and i didn't thought it was too bad. I didn't love it and i wouldn't say this book is something you need to read. It's just alright.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
5/5

One Word. Great.

Anybody out there by Marian Keyes
4/5
I Started with this Book expecting it to be an uplifting romance with a bit of cringe here and there or so. Well it wasn't. Don't get fooled by the easy blurb on the back of the book, its lying! This is one of the saddest books i have read in a long time. Now, don't get me wrong its amazing written and I really enjoyed the story, it just really wasn't was i expected it to be. The Story is about a young Girl called Anna, who had a terrible accident and needed to go back to her family in Dublin. But everything she loves, her dream job, her amazing friends and her husband, is in New York. Again, amazing book and i really loved it but be aware that my book is stained with tears.

Im Zeichen der Zauberkugel by Stefan Gemmel
3/5

I read this one to a bunch of children at a bookshop event, and they seemed to have enjoyed it. I obviously read it myself all the way through otherwise it wouldn't be here on that list. It's really nice, easy to read, but still gripping fantasy story about a young boy who's grandfather vanished a while ago. He discovers a secret door in the attic which leads to his grandfathers study and finds a mysterious golden Ball. What he doesn't know at this point is, that there's a shrunken boy tinside that ball, trapped by an evil Dschinn.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
5/5

Longest one of them. Love it.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
5/5

Im kinda running out of describtions for Harry Potter. Just read it alright?

The Winners Curse by Marie Rutkoski
4/5

A beautiful story about a Generals Daughter, Kestrel, who needs to decide between going to the military or marriage. Kestrel doesn't want to do either though. By an instinct she buys a Slave called Arin and gets over time more and more attached to him. But he has his own secrets which he doesn't want to reveal to her just yet.
Really enjoyable, a bit more politic than I'm used to but still full of love, action and intrigues.

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald by J.K.Rowling
5/5

amazing. Loved the first and love the second just as much. I still really enjoy how it's written in a screenplay and not like a "normal" book. Some say they don't like it, I do. So just try it out yourself and find out what you think yourself. I wont tell you anything about the story as most already know roughly what it's about. Just so much, I think if you liked Harry Potter, you'll love this series, too.


Thanks for reading! Cant believe i really managed to read eleven books in 28 days. How many did you manage to read and what was your fave of them? I don't think I can choose a fave tbh with so many Harry Potters in it. Do you love Harry Potter as much as I do? If so which house are you in? I'm a Hufflepuff! But now onto more reading.


xx Aria









Comments