Book Haul ||August and September


A couple of weeks ago, at the end of August, I started an internship at a bookshop. And I can tell you it was great! I love to be surrounded by books, books, more books and stuff that has something to do with books. Already on the first day Ive found about ten different books that I would absolutely looove to own, so I made a list. I could share this list with you, but to e honest its waay too long and youd already be bored halfway through. But as you might have already guessed at the end of my internship I purchased some of these books. And I bought even more books last week.. So I thought Id do a book haul over here as I love to watch or read about books other bought and why they bought them. And I thought I could just as well give you a little (spoiler-free!!) review on the ones Ive already read so, here we go.


These are the books I picked up right after I finished my internship:

~Foxcraft – The Taken by Inbali Iserles~
I saw this one laying on a display. It was only 8 euro and I have a little bit of a obsession with foxes so I fell for it and got it. It actually was the first one of the bunch that I read right after my internship and I really really want the other ones of this series now, too. The book is told out of the view of a little fox called Isla, whose whole world turned upside down when her family suddenly vanishes. She Immediately  tries to track them down but human touches -who are known as furless- traps, dogs and more are everywhere. Isla must outwit these perils with her magic of Foxcraft, Skills of cunning only known by foxes. As I said I really enjoyed this book, Ive never read anything  like it. There were times when I was at the edge of my seat, trying to hold my tears back and where I couldn’t read fast enough as couldn’t wait how itll go on for Isla.

~Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell~
I probably wanted this one for years, ever since I saw it as a recommendation in a YouTube video. And now that I finally got, and read, it I totally get the hype! I mean I love young adult novels anyway but this ones a special one. Its about two identical twins called Cath and Wren who did everything together until theyre off to University where Wren doesn’t want to be just half of a pair anymore. She wants to party, meet boys and let loose which is really not that easy for Cath. She loves to bury herself in her Fanfiction. But as things go on she needs to decide whether shes ready to open her heart to new things, new people and new experiences. Would 100% recommend!

~Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine by Gail Honeyman~
Havent read this one yet, but I heard sooo many good things about it so I had to pick it up myself! Its about Eleanor Oliphant, who lives a simple live. She wears the same clothes everyday, eats the same lunch everyday and buys her two bottles of voska every weekend. Eleanor is happy, nothings missing for her except, sometimes, everything is. One simple act of kindness is about to shatter the walls She has built around herself. Now Eleanor must learn how to navigate the world that everyone else seems to take for granted - while searching for the courage to face the dark corners she's avoided all her life. Change can be good. Change can be bad. But surely any change is better than... fine?
 (I totally stole this description of the bookcover..but as I said I havent read it, yet)

~The girl who drank the moon by Kelly Barnhill~
This one got recommendet for me by one of the Booksellers I worked with in my internship and its so adorable. Its about a town who sacrifices a Baby every year to keep them safe from a bad witch thats living in the Forest. But the witch, Xan, is in fact a good one who rescues the Children and delivers them to loving families on the other side of the forest. She feeds starlight to the Babys on the journey until one year, when she accidentally feeds one Baby Moonlight, filling the Kid with pure Magic. Xan decides to keep and raises this girl, whom she calls Luna until her thirteenth birthday when her magic starts to emerge, with very dangerous consequences. I first lend my Mom this Book to read and she loved it. And so do I. Its a really good story about Magic, Family and Friendship.


Now to the books Ive picked up a couple of days later at a used book store

Midnight Riot by Ben Aaronovitch
Havent read it yet and to be honest with you, the cover sold it to me. I bought it in German and theres London in the Name soo.. The Story is about Peter Grant, who dreams of being a detective in London’s Metropolitan Police. Too bad his superior plans to assign him to the Case Progression Unit, where the biggest threat he’ll face is a paper cut. But Peter’s prospects change in the aftermath of a puzzling murder, when he gains exclusive information from an eyewitness who happens to be a ghost. Peter’s ability to speak with the lingering dead brings him to the attention of Detective Chief Inspector Thomas Nightingale, who investigates crimes involving magic and other manifestations of the uncanny. Now, as a wave of brutal and bizarre murders engulfs the city, Peter is plunged into a world where gods and goddesses mingle with mortals and a long-dead evil is making a comeback on a rising tide of magic. (Yep, totally stole that describtion of the bookcover, too.)

~The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella~
Im actually currently reading this one so.. I really like it so far. Ive heard a lot about how amazing Sophie Kinsella is as an author and I wanted to pick up a book of heirs for a long time. So when I saw this one in a used bookshop I clearly had to pick it up. The story is about Samantha, whos a workaholic lawyer, very succesfull, very busy. Until she makes a major mistake and freaks out. She walks right out of the office, gets on the first train she sees, and finds herself in the middle of nowhere. She ends up at a house where she is mistaken for the interviewee housekeeper and finds herself being offered the job. They have no idea they've hired a Cambridge-educated lawyer with an IQ of 158 - Samantha has no idea how to work the oven. Chaos ensues, but gradually she falls in love with her new life in a very unexpected way.






And finally the books I just bought the other week.

~Paper Towns by John Green~
Ive just read The fault in our Stars and fell in love with it. And when I saw the movie to Paper Towns I already knew that I needed to read the book, so as I spotted it in a bookstore I picked it up. It follows Quentin, who is madly in love with Margo. She is a legend at school for her adventures. When she climbs through his window one day and summons him on an all-night road trip of revenge he just needs to help her. On the next day though, Margo is gone. Quentin soon learns that there are clues in her dissapearence.. for him! But as he starts another awesome road trip across America he becomes less sure of who and what hes looking for. I am really exited to own all of  John Greens Novels one day as his writing seems so amazing!

~The Song of us by Emma Cooper~
 This one I spotted displayed in the same bookstore and, to be honest, the first sentence sold it to me. It tells who storied who murge at some point into one and I just love that kinda stuff. Yes, this description is from the bookcover, again. Buttt as I said I havent read it yet so I cant really say much about it myself, yet. But now onto the book description: "If Melody hadn't run out of de-icer that day, she would never have slipped and banged her head. She wouldn't be left with a condition that makes her sing when she's nervous. And she definitely wouldn't have belted out the Arctic Monkeys' 'I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor' in assembly at her son's school. If Dev hadn't taken the kids to the zoo that day, then the accident wouldn't have happened. He wouldn't have left Flynn and Rose without a dad. Or shattered the love of his life's heart. But if they hadn't seen the missing person report that day, they might never have taken the trip to Cornwall. And, in the last place they expected, discovered what it really means to be 'Us'." Well, it sounds great to me and I cant wait to jump into the story!

And finally a friend of mine gave me a book she found on a shared shelf and thought I would enjoy.

~The fault in our stars by John Green~
Who didnt hear from the fault in our stars at one point? I mean.. come on! IF you really have never heard of this book, read it! Or watch the film, its also really amazing. But the book is way better, as always. I just wont tell you anything about the story except for that its about having cancer, falling in love and coating with loss. That pretty much sums it up. 101% would recommend it to anyone


Soo thats it with the books I bought and partly read in the last two months. Maybe Ill do review posts on some of them, whatcha think? I love love love love looove books so much! What are some of your recent reads? And what are your all time fave books? Tell me in the comments! Thanks a LOT for taking time out of your day to read this post. If you enjoyed it you can follow me on instagram, bloglovin or twitter where I'll always post when there's something new I posted you don't want to miss out on!

xx Aria

Comments